Real Estate Agent and aspiring Real Estate Investor- New York

4 Replies

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My name is Jake Oppenheim. I'm curranty a real estate agent in New York and I am now I am in the process of becoming a REI.

If anyone is in the New York area feel free to reach out, I love talking with people, getting new ideas and I AM ALWAYS open to advice. 

My personal goal for this year is to flip 1 home! After that start to scale slowly. 

If anyone reading this has any experience with flips let me know your best tip! 

Hi @Jake Oppenheim - I often tell Realtors who I meet that they're missing out on a major opportunity by not getting into REI. As an agent, you've got the keys to the kingdom - but so few invest. But I'd argue if "flipping" is investing or speculation. Owning rental properties is Real Estate Investing.

@Jake Oppenheim welcome to BP. We have many people here who do flips. There are podcasts, blog posts and forum posts talking about their successes. Keep reading and listening here for motivation and ideas. 

Originally posted by @Jonathan Taylor Smith :

Hi @Jake Oppenheim - I often tell Realtors who I meet that they're missing out on a major opportunity by not getting into REI. As an agent, you've got the keys to the kingdom - but so few invest. But I'd argue if "flipping" is investing or speculation. Owning rental properties is Real Estate Investing.

Thank you Jonathan. I will definitely use the keys to the Kingdom!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you