Newbi investor in the Bremerton WA area

9 Replies

Hi, I just moved to Bremerton and started researching real-estate investment. I'm starting with my current house which is a 4/2. I'm planning to convert the 2-bed basement into an apartment while I live in the upper-half of the house. 

I'm currently reading Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner and loving it. Tons of great information. Same goes for the BP podcast!

Along those lines I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share their impressions of the Kitsap County market. 

Also I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any local investor meetings that are open to the public. 

Thanks,

Jesse

Welcome aboard Jesse and you've definitely picked a good book to start with. Good luck!

@Jesse Munos , welcome to BP. This is the best place to be to meet other real estate investors.

I checked the Meetup website for events at Bremerton, and I did not find real estate events. This may be a good opportunity for you to start one.

That said, there are some other meet ups in Seattle, but with Covid, and now the complete lock down till mid-December, these events will either be canceled or switched online.

Feel free to reach out to me if you got any questions.

Thanks!

Welcome, Jesse.

Converting a house hack apt in your basement is an excellent idea.  Our MIL apt has helped us a lot over the years.

Glad to have you!

@Jesse Munos - prior to COVID, there were a few different RE investor meetups. REAPS has moved to an online format, and is a great resource for information in Washington State.

My friend and colleague @Jenny Moore used to host a monthly meetup, which has also gone to an online format.

I'm a local Realtor, and I'm investing in Kitsap. I'd be happy to connect you with anyone else that might be helpful for you, or just answer questions about the local market.

Welcome to the area!

@Jesse Munos : I also am a newbie investor in the Kitsap market. I haven’t found any local meetups, and I’d love to start one with you! I’m currently holding investments in Bremerton, Port Orchard and on the Hood Canal, and I’m craving other minds to bounce ideas off of. Let’s connect!

@Stephan J Hagen

@Jesse Munos

hey guys! Welcome to the area, I am over in port orchard and would be more then happy grab coffee and talk you through getting your basement converted or any other value add questions you have. I'm a licensed contractor and investor.

Also I can not say enough good things about Kristel!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you