My first post: I am finally introducing myself!

My first post: I am finally introducing myself!

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 5 votes

Hello all,

my name is Angelique and I am a mother of two (soon to be three) and a wife. I was taught nothing about money growing up and drifted through life completely clueless. I have began my education and now I am ready. I have saved up $15,000, am elligible for the VA loa,n and have a fair credit score. I would love to house hack a duplex. My biggest issue is that my monthly income is extremely and I do not have a long work history. I am looking for a bit of advice on how to go about jumping in. I am currently studying to enter the IT field to increase my income but my ultimate goal is to invest. I am in the Palm Bay, Florida area.

5Reply
18 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Angelique Burgess welcome to BP! You sound incredibly similar to myself, as I wasn’t well educated throughout most of my life about finances and investing and saving. I’m 28 with two kids and a girlfriend and a full time job. I’m JUST now recently educating and enlightening myself.

    I don’t have many tips, but I do wish you the best. I reside in Orlando and would love to meet any and all investors so I can get hands on learning. I feel like I need a mentor/somebody willing to just teach me and help me. Maybe you yourself could use a mentor as well?

    In any case, best of luck. I’ll be following your journey in hopes of learning all I can.

  • Investor · Vero Beach FL · Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 17 votes
    5y

    Have you spoke to a mortgage specialist or a bank yet? It’s hard to know what ( if anything) you need to do to qualify for financing until you apply. @Jason Wray is an excellent contact for getting you set in the loan department. Great thing about VA loan is no money down. House hacking a duplex is an excellent way to get started investing. I'd love to help you find something in the area when you are ready!

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Stephan, I have spoken to USAA to get infotmation about a loan. I'll reach out again today.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.