Nervous but excited to start

4 Replies

Hey all! I'm a USMC vet currently working a full time job with a interest in real estate investing. I always loved the idea of retiring early and being financially free. It started off with stocks, then stumbled onto real estate investing. Video after video I was hooked and found the bigger pockets podcast. 3 Months later I learned a bit but still feel somewhat lost yet now I'm pre approved on a VA loan and working with a real estate agent to find a multifamily property to house hack. I'm trying to read more but mostly I'm just going with the flow of it and found some cool people who are very knowledgeable and graciously willing to teach me things. I hope to meet more people on here and share how this adventure goes. Thanks for reading :)

Bryan,

Starting with the house hack is a great way to get into the REI game. You gain a wealth of knowledge which will make future investing easier. I would encourage you to keep house hacking as an on going strategy as its an easy way to acquire multiple properties over the course of a few years.

Good luck and wishing you the best on your REI journey!

@Bryan Berrios

Thanks for your service Bryan!  Great thought process with house hacking in mind.  I wish I would have used this tactic.  There's a limited period in your life when house hacking makes "life sense" (pre-kids etc.).  Take advantage.  Wealth is compounding...starting sooner creates momentum and it starts rollin down hill....house hacking is a brilliant out of the gate strategy.  

@Bryan Berrios

Personally, I think house hacking is a great way to get started. I am currently house hacking a single family home and living for free. Looking to buy my next house hack in the upcoming months. I have nothing but good things to say about house hacking, it has helped me get my foot in the door of real estate investing while learning invaluable lessons along the way. If you haven’t check out Craig Curelop’s book The House Hacking Strategy, I definitely recommend it. Good luck on starting your path to financial freedom!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you