Jobs for Real Estate

3 Replies

Hey guys, 
I am new to the site and Real Estate investing in general. I graduated from college in 2020 and am currently enrolled in a Business Masters program. After I graduate from the program in May I am going to take a year off from school and then continue my education in 2022 at a Law school somewhere on the east coast. Essentially I have a year off between May 2021 and September 2022. I want to use this year off to learn as much as I can about real estate, specifically rental real estate. What jobs/what should I do when I graduate in May? What would you do as a 23 year old with a year off? Something related to the finance behind real estate? Renovation related skills? Totally lost, have applied to big commercial real estate internships but do not know what to do! Help!  

Hey @Francis Figueroa !

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Good luck,

Thank you guys. I will definitely dive deep into the world of Biggerpockets. Any suggestions as to which jobs I should look into that will teach me the most about real estate? I have a year off before school in 2022, but do not know the jobs that I should be applying to in the field of real estate. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you