Newbie from New Jersey

10 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets fam! 

My name is Niraj and I recently got my Real Estate license in NJ. I signed with Berkshire Hathaway in Manalapan, NJ around early March 2021. I've listened to BiggerPockets podcasts for a long-time but finally decided to create an account to make a successful career in real estate as both an agent and an investor. 

A little about me:

• Currently a mechanical engineer looking to transition to real estate full-time
  • Thoroughly enjoying learning about real estate (i.e. market trends, hot-zones, fixer-uppers, investments)
  • Love traveling and cars

My personal goals:

• Connect with agents/investors that are willing to share their experience in the field (i.e. any tips are appreciated)
  • Build a real estate team and target investment opportunities and BRRRRs
  • Buy my first investment property this year!

I look forward to meeting everyone! I'd love to connect on other social media as well to learn and grow from each other. A newbie here so still figuring out how to use this platform efficiently.

Best, 

Niraj Maniar

Congrats on getting started! Are you looking to invest in the market you live in or out of state?  Definitely check out the local forums for the areas you're looking to invest so you can dive a little deeper into specifics of that area.  

Hi Niraj,

My name is Pete Vander Valk, nice to meet you. My wife and I own a 2-family house in Bloomfield, and are looking to eventually buy some more properties in the future. I'm actually getting into the real estate field right now as well, just waiting for my MLO license to be approved and then I will be working as a loan officer for Aceland Mortgage. I would love to connect if you're interested and talk investing/growing our RE businesses.

Best regards,
Pete

Welcome to BiggerPockets, Niraj! Thank you for introducing yourself to the community! There is a great group of members on here to connect with.

-Julio

Originally posted by @Niraj Maniar :

Hello BiggerPockets fam! 

My name is Niraj and I recently got my Real Estate license in NJ. I signed with Berkshire Hathaway in Manalapan, NJ around early March 2021. I've listened to BiggerPockets podcasts for a long-time but finally decided to create an account to make a successful career in real estate as both an agent and an investor. 

A little about me:

• Currently a mechanical engineer looking to transition to real estate full-time
  • Thoroughly enjoying learning about real estate (i.e. market trends, hot-zones, fixer-uppers, investments)
  • Love traveling and cars

My personal goals:

• Connect with agents/investors that are willing to share their experience in the field (i.e. any tips are appreciated)
  • Build a real estate team and target investment opportunities and BRRRRs
  • Buy my first investment property this year!

I look forward to meeting everyone! I'd love to connect on other social media as well to learn and grow from each other. A newbie here so still figuring out how to use this platform efficiently.

Best, 

Niraj Maniar

Niraj, great to have you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you