Leaving Nursing to start Multi family investing

Leaving Nursing to start Multi family investing

Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 7 votes

Alittle about: I’m 33 y/o and have always  worked in health care trying to save money build my credit while educating myself on real estate. Since the being of Covid I’ve been able to travel around the US working as a travel nurse. My goals haven’t changed, however, thanks to all the lucrative travel assignments and lockdowns I’m lightyears ahead financially. I’ve managed to pay off all debt, turning my credit score from 680 - 794 while putting aside 150k of savings. 

After listening to almost every book on real estate I’ve been able to get my hands (ears) on. This morning I became a pro member deciding it’s time to take a more active roll in becoming a full-time Multi family real estate investor.


I’m excited to start the transition of leaving health care and starting the next chapter of my life.

My short term goal is to close on my first Multi family property in Cape Coral by February. 

2Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Stetson MillerBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 423 votes
4y

Hi @Jason M. Welcome to BP! I also recently left the medical field to pursue investing, but made the transition a bit smoother by getting my license first. Long term, my goal is to completely replace the sales income with my personal investments, but short term is also to invest in LTR/STR's in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. Happy to connect!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    4y

    @Jason M. welcome to BP.  It is awesome that you have set yourself up so well. Good luck. we're here to help

  • Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Thanks, I told myself I was going to work hard to make the best of this situation. Especially, after seeing how easy these companies are quick to leave guys high and dry. 

  • Stetson MillerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 576 posts · 423 votes
    4y

    Hi @Jason M. Welcome to BP! I also recently left the medical field to pursue investing, but made the transition a bit smoother by getting my license first. Long term, my goal is to completely replace the sales income with my personal investments, but short term is also to invest in LTR/STR's in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. Happy to connect!

  • Member since 2021 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    that’s a great idea. Not only is it a smoother transition, But you’re also learning / making so many connections. 🙌

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Jason! You are in the right place, this community has a lot to offer. Goodluck investing! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.