Need Lease Information In Connecticut

Need Lease Information In Connecticut

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

I'm gathering information about Connecticut leases. I cannot find any laws that state how much notice is required for non-renewal of a long-term lease (12 months). I know you have to give 30 days notice for non-renewal of a month-to-month. But do you legally have to give any notice to the tenants that you will not be renewing their lease? It seems like common courtesy, but what does the law say?

Thanks!

0Reply
26 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @Mindy Jensen If you need a referral to an attorney to ask to get a definitive answer let me know.  CT landlord/tenant laws can be tricky.

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    11y

    Thanks, @Michael Noto. Mr. Google was of no help to me. I'll let you know if I need that referral. I'm hoping my Connecticut BiggerPocketeers can help me out. 

    You are so right about CT landlord laws. 

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    11y

    I'd also recommend consulting a lawyer just to be sure. 

  • Collinsville, CT · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I am seeking a reasonable but dependable attorney for reviewing leases, etc in Central/Northwest CT.  Anyone near Farmington Valley would be preferred.  Please PM any referrals.

    Thanks again to all the CT folks here~!

  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Charles Ryan of Franklin G. Pilicy PC in Watertown. 

  • Investor · New Hartford, CT · Member since 2016 · 282 posts · 104 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed I would reach out to Attorney Larry Kiel he is in the area and a great guy to deal with. I have never used him on the investment side only as a personal purchase but he is a great guy. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.