• Property Manager
  • Peoria, Az
Votes |
Daytona Beach / Ponce Inlet

Brian Volland
  • Property Manager
  • Peoria, Az
Posted Feb 25 2016, 22:40

I'm reaching out to investors active in the Daytona Beach / Ponce Inlet area to try to determine if a potential property is feasible to rent out. I have access to your typical stucco 2-story in Ponce Inlet on the Halifax River 4br/3ba 2-car garage. The home was built within the last 15yrs and has your standard dock w/ boat lift, deck, 2nd floor balcony, florida room, jet tub, etc. (no pool). It is within 3min walking distance of the lighthouse, park, and beach (both river and ocean side). The property is paid in full but tax documents show yearly taxes @ close to $11k. If I were able to get the property for say...$100, I figure monthly rent would only NEED to be in the realm of about $1500 (to cover taxes and minor upkeep). I would like push that up and over $2000, say...$2250. Rent-o-meter supports that this might be possible, but most of the rentals in the area are not on the water so gauging feasibility becomes tricky.

So, for those y'all that work this area, would the Daytona Beach / Ponce Inlet area be able to consistently support that high a rent rate for yearly leases? Before someone asks, I'm not deep enough in the game to be able to support a vacation property yet, nor have I focus my learning there, yet, so that is not an option.

Loading replies...