Jonathan Patterson
  • Hollywood, FL
Votes |
NEW INVESTOR HERE.. HELP PLEASE

Jonathan Patterson
  • Hollywood, FL
Posted Dec 3 2017, 17:35

Hello my fellow BP Members,

As I mentioned, I'm a new investor and my wife and I are currently trying to purchase our first investment property. We are extremely excited, but yet nervous and admittedly have developed a strong case of "Analysis paralysis". We are located in Broward County Florida, and the market here is ridiculously high and competitive. We are taking full advantage of the FHA loan with purchasing our first property. Now here is where we can't seem to come to an agreement. I love the whole "House Hacking" strategy with purchasing a small multifamily property (1-4 Units), living in one units and renting out the other. That makes perfect sense, but the problem we're having here in South Florida is our multifamily are crazy expensive. Even looking a few miles north/south of our current location is not working out number wise.

My wife approach is to use the BRRRR strategy which she feels works better in our market. Now, I must admit…I agree. I have read countless books on investing, and the Housing Hacking strategy makes so much sense to me. Maybe you guys can help..which strategy makes more sense?

I would love to hear some feedback from members who investment partner is their spouse, but I would be more than grateful to hear from an expert.

-Jonathan 

Loading replies...