Best Neighborhoods for flipping in St. Petersburg, FL

13 Replies

Seen quite a bit of properties in most neighborhoods in Pinellas County/ St. Pete, FL. Wondering if everyone else agrees with me on the hots areas for renovations. Seems like there are pockets everywhere.

Gulfport

Old Southeast

Seminole

Old Northeast

Crescent Heights

Best of luck to all real estate investment professionals in St. Pete!! We are lucky to enjoy one of the Meccas of RE Investing in the US. 

Also Sarasota County. Just helped a client buy in that area. Amazing deals! I'm Seriously looking to expand in that part of the state soon. 

@Daniel Fischer pockets everywhere!  ONE is pretty pricey and OSE has tried to follow suit but isn't there yet.  I'd add Roser Park, Coquina Key and Campbell Park to your list.

I'm interested in St. Pete, but heard that it's mostly flood zone areas and insurance would be high. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

@Jack V. Ospina I've only heard good things about Sarasota, and understand there is a lot of uncovered opportunities down there. I hope to expand down there as well. Anywhere in particular in Sarasota?

@Dave Foster ONE is beautiful, love Vinoy Park. OSE is growing and growing. Haven't been privileged enough to do much in Roser and Campbell Parks. Will have to look further into those areas. I can't wait to see a big player make major moves into the beach area; lot's of opportunity to update. 

@David Huynh Vast majority of St. Pete and Pinellas county are in flood zones. One area that isn't is historical St. Pete (Kenwood, Crescent Heights, etc.). However, each area has a different level of flood risk. In the worst of it, you'll want to have a raised structure house. In others, you'll end up paying just a slight premium for insurance. From what I can tell, the important thing to know is that more and more people are moving here every year, and it's only expected to increase in the years to come. $$$ :)

if anyone wants to join my buyerslist I get 2-4 off market leads from st.pete down to Venice. Gulfcoastwholesalehomes.com

@Elliot Lamson Are you based out of LA? How are you getting off-market deals in this area of Florida and how do you value the estimated renovation cost?

Hey @Daniel Fischer my client purchased in the South Sarasota area. I think it's called Bee Ridge area. Either way just driving around the neighborhood you see houses that need repair in great locations. I see amazing potential!

Originally posted by @Daniel Fischer :

@Elliot Lamson Are you based out of LA? How are you getting off-market deals in this area of Florida and how do you value the estimated renovation cost?

I actually live out of a suitcase. My father lives here, he’s one of my acquisition managers. We run google ad words, FB ads, direct mail, cold call etc. As for how do I know what rehabs are, I’ve done so many flips if I have 100+ photos I’m usually within 10% of rehab. If it’s a huge rehab I have some GCs that will walk it and give me a ball park number. When I send out my deals I just send out the buyers price, pics and address. Everyone does there own homework. 

@Elliot Lamson That makes much more sense! You must have a pretty large marketing budget. I can understand making decisions and estimating based on pictures and videos. Wondering if you might be able to give me some GC referrals. I always like to have more vetted contacts for my investors.

What states besides Florida and California are you working in?

The closer to down town St. Pete the better, especially since the pier is going thru renovations and the restaurants and nightlife is happening now in St. Pete   vs   dead ol' Tampa. 

Tampa is trying to come back, but if we can get Channel Side, Harbor Island, the Rays baseball and kick start Ybor City again, like back in 1997 thur 2002 (sure miss 1509 Style, La Mezzanine, Amphitheater, Cream, Studio and... The Ranch, had to have been there I guess!), all going, this side of the Bay is  going to take off!

Crescent Heights, Seminole and Gulfport are great areas to invest in. However, from professional experience, Safety Harbor and most neighborhoods in Clearwater are huge buyer's markets. With renovated and accurately price properties lasting no more than a week on the market.

Originally posted by @Daniel Fischer :

@Elliot Lamson That makes much more sense! You must have a pretty large marketing budget. I can understand making decisions and estimating based on pictures and videos. Wondering if you might be able to give me some GC referrals. I always like to have more vetted contacts for my investors.

What states besides Florida and California are you working in?

Sorry not on here often.

good GC's are gold, best way to find them is D4GC, drive for GC's just like d4d. pop into a job site and ask who is in charge, walk the house with them, see how many people on his crew. ask timeline, budget etc. 

i flip in michigan and CT as well. 

Good Morning All,

I apologize in advance for hijacking the thread for a bit but this is relevant for my question. Anyone have any suggestions in the St. Pete area neighborhoods for SFH personal occupancy? I'm being stationed near MacDill at the end of this year and was interested in the Clearwater/Safety Harbor area because it's where I lived when I was stationed down there in 2003-2008. St. Pete intrigues me because of the reasons you've already mentioned, but the school scores are almost universally low. Any suggestions? I have a seven year old, so she'd be attending elementary, middle and high school (I'm retiring and planning on sticking around.)

On Topic: I have been peeking at the Sarasota section as well for potential investment purchases because it seems underexplored. I just need to get my family situated first!

Regards,

Austin

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here