Florida Investment Tampa/Brandon/Orlando

6 Replies

We live in Ft Lauderdale, but have ties in the Tampa/Clearwater area and have been there many times. This year we will be intensely focused on building a passive income portfolio in Florida. Areas we're currently considering are Tampa/Clearwater/Brandon/Orlando.

We're looking to partner with local agents,  and property managment companies. Any great recommendations?

Primary focus at this point is SFRs up to a four-plex for a buy-and-hold. 

Orlando, FL cash buyers are friends of mine and often have inventory that they're not taking down. They tend to focus on flips so the rentals they sell off. Reach out to Brandyn and tell him that I sent you. They're a great resource in the area. 

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)

Hi Gaurav, both markets (Tampa-Orlando) remain strong for holds but I can really only speak for Orlando as I live here (Windermere). In Windermere & Winter Garden, investors love the new construction (townhomes-SFH's) but even the older stuff is solid as there really are no "bad neighborhoods".

I'm on BP to learn more about REI (and ask for advice) but I'm also a residential agent covering all central FL. If I can be of service or assistance, reach out anytime. Good luck!

@Gaurav Patel yes the Buy/hold market in Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area is booming. A lot of people are still moving here, a lot of projected growth, Low vacancy everywhere in Tampa Bay...so much so that big commercial builders are going vertical for new condo and apartment developments.

Originally posted by @Gaurav Patel :

We live in Ft Lauderdale, but have ties in the Tampa/Clearwater area and have been there many times. This year we will be intensely focused on building a passive income portfolio in Florida. Areas we're currently considering are Tampa/Clearwater/Brandon/Orlando.

We're looking to partner with local agents,  and property managment companies. Any great recommendations?

Primary focus at this point is SFRs up to a four-plex for a buy-and-hold. 

Gaurav, 

If you need someone to do some legwork in Tampa, let me know.  I can run by and take pictures, inspections, etc.  I figured working and helping others is the best way to network and create opportunities.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.  Good luck!

tampa bay has such a discrepancy between purchase price and rental prices that investors are buying up entire condo buildings and making them all rentals. they have done this several times over the years. i can think of at least two in the gateway area of st pete that have been bought and sold off several times in the last 20 years. there is a large influx of young professionals moving here and not enough inventory. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.