User Stats

Votes
Ryan Miller
Votes |
Land flipping in Florida - looking for a RE attorney for some ?'s

Ryan Miller
Posted Aug 9 2018, 17:26

Hi - 

I'm looking to get into land flipping, and I'm looking into Florida as a state to start in, partially because Florida allows closings to occur via a title company and a RE attorney isn't required at closing.

I'm looking to find a RE attorney in Florida who can help me navigate through some basic questions I have, and also eventually draw up contracts for purchasing land from motivated sellers I find, as well as contracts for when I go to sell the land to the eventual buyer. Of course I'd be willing to pay for the services rendered for said contracts. Any suggestions on where I should look to find an attorney?

Two example basic questions I have include:
- I'm looking to offer the option of seller financing to end buyers. Are there any state laws or restrictions I should be aware of for this that might cause me to reconsider right off the bat? 

- What options are available under state law that provides me with some amount of security, as the seller, once the deed is transferred to the end buyer upon signing of the contract, in the event that the buyer defaults on their payments?  I'd be looking to use a loan servicing company to handle payments and so forth.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Loading replies...