Small details can save you from a possible legal issues & stress

Small details can save you from a possible legal issues & stress

Jacksonville Florida · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 37 votes

I was working with a couple that was selling their home here in Jacksonville Florida & we received the home inspection back & there was a list of items & one of the items was install anti tip bracket on stove. The husband said I can handle that it will take me less than 10 minutes. I told him part of my job as a real estate broker is to protect him. I told him we need to hire a licensed & insured vendor to install the anti-tip bracket in case god forbid something happens we can say that was done by a licensed & insured vendor & here’s their information. This way the owner does not have a possible legal issue in the future in case something happens. If you are a Landlord or seller it might be a good idea to see if your house has an anti-tip bracket on the stove & if not it might be a good idea to have a licensed & insured vendor install one. I hope this helps.

1Reply
13 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 504 posts · 217 votes
    7y

    No way,  that is too simple to do. I would hire a licensed contractor only on the bigger things, plumbing electric and roofing.  We can do everything else. Are you saying the bank wanted to see if a licensed contractor installed that? 

  • Jacksonville Florida · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 37 votes
    7y

    The inspector made the suggestion to install it. We have to do a little WDO work & the vendor is going to do the anti tip for $25.00 since he's going to be there for the WDO work. Some people are not aware that they should check for the anti tip on the stove. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.