Wholesaling property on Florida MLS

Wholesaling property on Florida MLS

Wholesaler · Hudson, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I am a newer investor to wholesaling in Florida and was wondering if you can wholesale via MLS or do you have to sell only through a buyers list. I am a real estate agent and my broker was unsure if you can do it. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

0Reply
14 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    It depends on the rules of Your MLS that you would be putting it in.....some allow it, some don't.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Boynton Beach, FL · Member since 2018 · 81 posts · 129 votes
    7y

    I am part of RAPB + GFL and I see people selling interest in their contract. I am not sure if it’s allowed, but it happens. I would just call the board and ask what their policy is. 

  • Wholesaler · Hudson, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Great feedback, I will run it by my board and see what they say. Thank you for responding so quickly, have a great weekend.

  • Flipper · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @Anthony Salamone I am an agent in florida as well and am interested in know the answer to that. Did you find out if it's allowed?

  • Investor · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Check with your local MLS, but mine requires written consent from the current owner of record.

  • Wholesaler · Hudson, FL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I just checked with my board which is West Pasco Board and they state that a listing agreement would have to be signed by property owner of record to wholesale property on MLS.

  • Real Estate Agent · Merritt Island, FL · Member since 2017 · 974 posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Anthony Salamone:

    I just checked with my board which is West Pasco Board and they state that a listing agreement would have to be signed by property owner of record to wholesale property on MLS.

    I just now read your question and that was my immediate thought. Anything going on the MLS MUST have a listing agreement signed by seller (or authorized representative). My 0.107 Euros: you're better off creating a solid buyers list because many investors don't bother with the MLS. Also, it takes a decent amount of time to create a good listing....you can have it sent to your list in minutes. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.