Recommended CPA in Florida

6 Replies

Hey BP Community, 

It's almost tax time again and I'm looking for a CPA in Florida - I live in Tampa, FL but I'm willing to go outside of that area if there's someone who's worth it. If you have recommendations can you send them my way?

Also, when looking for a CPA what are some things I should ask? I have a list of questions but I always appreciate other's input. 

@Ryan Johnston My CPA is here in Orlando. I know that he works with some in investors like myself and others but don't think it is a specific focus area for him. Feel free to send me a message if you want his contact info. 

If you're looking for someone specialized in real estate I'd look here on BP. I believe everyone on here works virtually with clients all over the country, and since you're in Florida there aren't state filings to contend with. 

Look through the Tax forums and read some responses, see who you think you'd work well with, and set up some consultations. 

I'm going to be working with a new CPA in Florida this coming year; I just had a consultation meeting with him about a month ago and feel very comfortable with his abilities.  He's in Sarasota.  Message me if you want his info.

@Tyler Gibson Thanks Tyler, I'll send the PM now
@Natalie Kolodij Thank you Natalie. I'll look further into the forums here on BP. I mainly wanted someone in Flordia since that's my home base. If they throw out a client that they want to introduce me to or a connection that would be good for me to have, I want to be able to take advantage of that. A good CPA can likely find you a good lawyer or other team members like that. A hidden network of types!

@Karen Arehart   Thank you Karen. I've received many PMs off this post referring CPAs in high praise. I think I'm going to go with one of them. If you find that you absolutely couldn't live without your new CPA I'd love to hear about him

Originally posted by @Ryan Johnston :

@Natalie Kolodij Thank you Natalie. I'll look further into the forums here on BP. I mainly wanted someone in Flordia since that's my home base. If they throw out a client that they want to introduce me to or a connection that would be good for me to have, I want to be able to take advantage of that. A good CPA can likely find you a good lawyer or other team members like that. A hidden network of types!

@Karen Arehart   Thank you Karen. I've received many PMs off this post referring CPAs in high praise. I think I'm going to go with one of them. If you find that you absolutely couldn't live without your new CPA I'd love to hear about him

@Steven Hamilton II is a regular here on BP, also an investor, and he has an office in Florida as well. I'd reach out and see if he's accepting new clients. 

Originally posted by @Natalie Kolodij :
Originally posted by @Ryan Johnston:

@Steven Hamilton II is a regular here on BP, also an investor, and he has an office in Florida as well. I'd reach out and see if he's accepting new clients. 

Thank you Natalie for the suggestion. We are still taking on clients at the moment.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here