Sales sales and more sales!

7 Replies

Hi all! Since Real Estate is mostly sales, if not, maybe all of it is sales. Curious to see which books do you guys recommend for sales, which guru do you guys recommend? For example I have been listening and viewing via YouTube and his own website Grant Cardone. In my opinion this guys is very good in sales. Do you guys agree or disagree? Which would you recommend? Happy hunting!

No replies, maybe we do not dable in sales in this forum

Hi Evan

Thanks for the reply, I am already reading MREA. Do you have any other recommended reading or podcasts? Thanks!

Hey @Marvin Hernandez

List of books which have also been recommended by BP blogs in the past;

1. Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff

2.The Lean Startup by Eric Ries

3.The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone

4.Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

5.The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod.

I know you asked for sales books, but I haven't really read many of those. These are my top five recommendations in general. 

Thank you,

@Marvin Hernandez not enough replies because most people aren't thinking about this NEARLY as much as they should be in their real estate businesses. It's truly a shame! 

Sales is a mosaic, there isn't any one person or select few books that will do the trick. I love Grant, but understand that he has a very specific style- if you adopted his techniques you'd be very deficient in the less bombastic consultative style of sale.

Definitely get through the 10x rule for mindset, then listen to a bunch of different sales podcasts. I strongly recommend the "Advanced Selling Podcast" (to which I am completely unaffiliated). They're short bits, and you can pick up on a lot of tonal cues in their voice.

Another recommendation is a negotiations book- never split the difference.

Finally, I would like to point something out that people don't think about when they're seeking to get better at sales... it's sales process and pipeline management. Being able to understand and control how leads/prospects behave at various stages in your pipeline is extremely important.

Can we bring this conversation back to life????

@Elliott Elkhoury

I totally agree with you. Sales is the  most essential in any business in my opinion, we have been selling all our lives, but are we efficient at it, that is the question. In life you are either selling or someone is selling  you, I think I read that from one of Grant's book. I believe this to be true. We sell everyday, why not become very efficient at it. It would benefit everyone. I know some people cringe at the word "salesman" or "saleswoman" for that matter, but that's who we are, and to become successful on any endeavor, we have to become good at it.

Just my 2 cents on it.

Hey Elliot, we should chat and mastermind from one another.

Originally posted by @Marvin Hernandez :

@Elliott Elkhoury

I totally agree with you. Sales is the  most essential in any business in my opinion, we have been selling all our lives, but are we efficient at it, that is the question. In life you are either selling or someone is selling  you, I think I read that from one of Grant's book. I believe this to be true. We sell everyday, why not become very efficient at it. It would benefit everyone. I know some people cringe at the word "salesman" or "saleswoman" for that matter, but that's who we are, and to become successful on any endeavor, we have to become good at it.

Just my 2 cents on it.

Hey Elliot, we should chat and mastermind from one another.

I've been looking at the number of REIA in the area and haven't found one that focused on sales and marketing. As we already know, sales, marketing, networking and everything lead gen...these are inevitable for real estate success. I'd LOVE to be part of a mastermind where we can share strategies, tools and automation ideas. Creative out of the box ideas.

I think its crucially important. Maybe we can start with a weekly or monthly call then go from there. 

Anyone interested? Since we are all busy...maybe a 1hr call bi-weekly or something like that to help encourage, share and help each other. Potentially do deal together.

I can create a post to see if there are any interests. Look out for that in the Local GA forum guys!

Thank you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here