Kansas City Shawnee heights question

10 Replies

Good afternoon,

How is the Shawnee heights area of Kansas City, Kansas? I am hoping for like a B- investment area and was wondering what the community thinks about this area? Any help is appreciated!

Scott

I could be mistaken as I don’t know every area in KC but Shawnee Heights is a part of the Topeka area. It has both good and suspect areas. If you give the location I would be happy to help

Hi Scott, It's a good area, in my opinion. Everyone seems to know each other up there. It's quiet - very little trouble/crime. Not all of the "heights" is on the hill. Generally, the nicer properties are at the higher elevations, with some exceptions. (The hands-down worst house I've ever been inside was on that hill.) Values are going up, but still lots of bargains to be had. Rents are low overall, but there's lots of opportunity because of the proximity to KU Medical. Looks like you're out of state. As you can imagine, condition varies quite a bit - foundation problems are common - so make sure to lay eyes on the property before buying. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here