property management and buying properties for the first time

property management and buying properties for the first time

Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 6 votes

Hi

Im a realtor in Tampa  and I want to get more into the investing side like flipping houses and managing properties . I need some ideas on how to get more involved with that side of real estate.  Tampa area is way over my price range, any suggestions on other areas in Florida or close to Florida?

Thanks

3Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
4y
Quote from @Carmen Lapham:

Hi

Im a realtor in Tampa  and I want to get more into the investing side like flipping houses and managing properties . I need some ideas on how to get more involved with that side of real estate.  Tampa area is way over my price range, any suggestions on other areas in Florida or close to Florida?

Thanks


 Hi Carmen,

If I were you I would contact local people around the areas which you want to start to invest in. Talk to different property management groups and ask if there be someone to meet with you. Whenever I’m trying to learn something I’m always willing to take someone to lunch and pay for their meal or to coffee. Their time to me is valuable and I can learn so much. It also helps with networking. I would do the same with investments, look up different realtors, house flippers, and brokerages.

If you find that Florida is just too expensive. You should consider investing OOS here in Columbus or Cincinatti. The price to rent ratio makes for great investments. Not to mention our appreciation has been 8% higher then the US national average, because of the high demand for affordable housing.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Carmen Lapham:

    Hi

    Im a realtor in Tampa  and I want to get more into the investing side like flipping houses and managing properties . I need some ideas on how to get more involved with that side of real estate.  Tampa area is way over my price range, any suggestions on other areas in Florida or close to Florida?

    Thanks


     Hi Carmen,

    If I were you I would contact local people around the areas which you want to start to invest in. Talk to different property management groups and ask if there be someone to meet with you. Whenever I’m trying to learn something I’m always willing to take someone to lunch and pay for their meal or to coffee. Their time to me is valuable and I can learn so much. It also helps with networking. I would do the same with investments, look up different realtors, house flippers, and brokerages.

    If you find that Florida is just too expensive. You should consider investing OOS here in Columbus or Cincinatti. The price to rent ratio makes for great investments. Not to mention our appreciation has been 8% higher then the US national average, because of the high demand for affordable housing.

  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hi Carmen, I would suggest checking out the small community of Perry, FL. It's a short drive north on Hwy 19, and has lots of affordable properties (less than $80,000) that would make great rehab properties. The rental market is very strong in the area.

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Carmen Lapham:

    Hi

    Im a realtor in Tampa  and I want to get more into the investing side like flipping houses and managing properties . I need some ideas on how to get more involved with that side of real estate.  Tampa area is way over my price range, any suggestions on other areas in Florida or close to Florida?

    Thanks


    It does not matter where you start as long as you develop your Core 4. The core 4 is David Greene’s strategy for long-distance and made up of a realtor, contractor, property manager, and lender. Once you have this team in place, you should be able to confidently invest in any market.

    As for picking a specific market - I would go after one with an increasing job and population growth. I invest and work in Columbus, Ohio. I am also looking to invest in Cincinnati and Cleveland.

  • Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 203 posts · 247 votes
    4y

    @Remington Lyman

    CORE FOUR, a huge piece of the puzzle. I see many people build many "half bridges" as Brand Turner would say and have way to many cooks in the kitchen. To find success I believe ut starts with the core four. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Pull up a map and look at secondary and tertiary markets. Just because homes re expensive doesn't mean you can't flip them, get some sort of led generation source and flip those or wholesale them 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.