• Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Ah, the entitlement mentality.....

Michael K.
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Posted Oct 11 2009, 07:13

So I have a duplex that had two Section 8 tenants, one upstairs and one downstairs.

The upstairs lady gave 60 days notice that she was leaving. Toward the end of the 60 days, she asked if she could stay for an extra month. Since I had no potential tenants, I was more than pleased to keep her for an extra month. She left at the end of her extra month.

The downstairs lady gave 60 days notice that she was leaving. Toward the end of the 60 days, she asked if she could stay for an extra month. Since I already have interested parties (lower duplex units are FAR more popular than upper units) and she is a management headache (FILTHY living conditions, police called due to an argument with a neighbor, etc.), I declined her request.

She started crying in hopes that I would feel bad for her. When that didn't work, she stormed downstairs (I was cleaning upstairs in preparation for the new tenant) and took it out on her children. A few days later, she formally accused me of discrimination with the government housing people.

The upstairs lady was black and a single mother with three children.

The downstairs lady (complaint filer) is white and a single mother with three children.

For the record, I'm a white guy.

Uhm, huh..?

Mike

Loading replies...