Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Off Topic
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Curby
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
How to add audiobook purchased from BP to AudioBooks for iPhone

Ryan Curby
  • Austin, TX
Posted Feb 7 2017, 14:05

Hello I recently purchased The Book on Rental Property Investing and The Book on Managing Rental Property Ultimate Package from this site. The package came with audio files for each of the books. Does anyone know how to sync these audio files to my iPhone? Is it through Audiobooks? Any help is appreciated!

Thank You,

Ryan

User Stats

Votes
Michael S.
Pro Member
  • Biggerpockets Support
  • Las Pinas, Metro Manila
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Biggerpockets Support
Replied Feb 7 2017, 14:18

@Ryan Curby

All downloads of the audio books are in a compressed zip file to save the size of the download. However, only a computer or laptop is able to open zip files, not tablets or smartphones. 

As such, you will need to open the files from a computer and, if so desired, transfer that information to your device, either using your device cable or by emailing yourself the unzipped file and opening the file on your device. 

You can check this guide on how to transfer music files from your computer to your iPhone using iTunes https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT201593

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Curby
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Feb 7 2017, 14:46

Thank you for the reply. 

I have unzipped the audio books file and when I attempt to move the .MP3 chapter files into my iTunes playlist I get this error message - "Attempting to copy to the disk "Macintoch HD" failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation." Also getting the same message when I try to open each Chapter's .mp3 file (tries to open in iTunes but then the same error message appears). 

I'm not sure if emailing the entire audiobook is feasible. Chapter 1 alone is 80.2mb and gmail only allows a maximum file size of 35.9mb.

Hemlane logo
Hemlane
|
Sponsored
The future of property management is here! Automate rent, repairs, and listings & get 70% more free time back in your life!

User Stats

Votes
Michael S.
Pro Member
  • Biggerpockets Support
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Biggerpockets Support
Replied Feb 7 2017, 15:07

@Ryan Curby

Please check this apple thread about this error message https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3615973?tstart=0

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Curby
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Feb 7 2017, 15:37

Thank you. That worked!

User Stats

Votes
Adam Wallen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Nov 25 2018, 18:13
Is this still the only way to “transfer” the audiobook files to iPhone? It sure seems like there would be some way to make these downloaded files available via the BP app.

User Stats

Votes
Adam Wallen
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Replied Nov 26 2018, 17:07
When I transfer my audiobook files via iTunes, I copy them to “audiobooks” however it loads them under the “music” tab. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I’d like to be able to pull them up on my phone using iBooks. Thank you! Adam

User Stats

Votes
Stephanie Parrish
  • Signal Mountain, TN
Votes |
  • Signal Mountain, TN
Replied Jan 9 2019, 12:17

I am curious as well - when will books be able to be listened to from app or at least downloaded that way?

This seems incredibly cumbersome to be able to listen from my phone, which is the only way I am able to listen to audiobooks.

User Stats

Votes
Dennis M.#5 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Erie, pa
Votes |
Dennis M.#5 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Erie, pa
Replied Jan 9 2019, 17:45

I bought an audiobook on here only to find out I can’t get it on my I-phone . That was not revealed at the purchase ! I’m not jumping through hoops to convert over . Waste of money

User Stats

Votes
Matt Pena
  • New to Real Estate
  • Waxahachie, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Waxahachie, TX
Replied Jan 21 2019, 15:10

(*******FOR iPHONE & iTUNES USERS*******) 

(I did this on a Macbook Pro running iTunes 12.8.0.150 & an iPhone X running IOS 12.1.2)

Ok I figured out how to get the most out of the Bigger Pockets audiobooks.  I have bought several audiobooks through audible and I love the features it gives by allowing users to pickup right where I paused it and neatly organized.  To do this though takes a little computer nerd work.

Step 1

purchase & download books

Step 2

unzip the books

Step 3

Import unzipped files into iTunes library

Step 4

Once files are imported follow these directions located here (this site has the directions laid out with pictures much better than I would be able do so)

https://www.lifewire.com/create-an-audiobook-from-...

***TIP***

Make sure you select each book as an album compilation.  This will help organize the book.

Step 5

After you do this the audiobook should be imported into the official Apple Books App under the "Library" section.

Step 6

ENJOY!!!!!