• Contractor
  • Valparaiso , IN
Votes |
Systems Creator job??

Chris Adams
  • Contractor
  • Valparaiso , IN
Posted Dec 27 2017, 16:30

The past few years have taken my home building business from what used to be 8 homes or so a year to around 20 a year. Mind you these are full custom homes, not track homes. THis year i have goals of nearing the 30 home mark. 3 x’s The work is 30 times the headache when it comes to scheduling, material ordering, client selections, construction draws, and on and on and on. 

A lot of what we do is system based, but not everything. And most of the systems we have in place rely heavily on professional and personal knowledge of the individual project. THis is good because we have a very personal touch with all of our clients. But it can also be bad because we are spending too much time doing some work more than once, or for instance a subcontractor can ask 2 people in my office the same questions and the answer is not always matching up. 

So I have decided I want to hire a person who’s main job duty would be to create and document a best practices type of system for my company. 

I’ve done some google searches but haven’t found much information, is there a job title that I am unaware of for this type of position? 

If there are other areas of research anyone can recommend I start looking into I would greatly appreciate the advice. 

Loading replies...