• Rental Property Investor
  • NJ
Votes |
Don’t even know what the name this.

Keith T.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • NJ
Posted Apr 9 2018, 09:56
Hello Bigger pockets community. . I purchased a three family house about four months ago. My father does all the construction work and keeps up with the property. once purchasing the building my father renovated second floor apartment. My father wouldn’t charge for labor but will charge for some things. We were supposed to be partners with the purchase of the three family we were supposed to split the cost of closing and any expenses that came with buying the property the issue that we’re having now is that my father wants all the money that he spent on renovations of the second floor apartment plus wants 50% of whatever the house is worth all due to the tenants on the first floor that work for My mother.The tenant on the first floor Does not want to answer to any of my letters I sent out to the tenant. Tenant calls My parents to complain about the letters that was sent out to them. Tenant feels that she does not have to answer to the Me. Because She’s an employee for my mother . Tenant lease was up and I needed to renew the tenants lease with the increase. Since then tenant is giving rent check to My Dad in His name When I’m the actual owner and pays the mortgage and My father doesn’t. Lease been expired for one month now. Now I doesn’t know what to do. Any advice?