• Real Estate Agent
  • MN
Votes |
Should I get a 4 year degree?

Hunter Nelson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • MN
Posted Dec 2 2019, 06:34

I am currently attending a community college to get my Associates degree in Business. I am wondering if it would be worth it for me to go to a 4 year college after? Or should I i complete my two years here and go straight into it? I plan on becoming a real estate agent and plan on representing buyers to start. I also would really like to find a solid Triplex or Fourplex that can cash flow to house hack, getting kind of sick of paying someone else rent every month when I could be the one collecting this “passive income.” I understand that there is far more to it than collecting a check every month, but I think the possible benefits far outweigh the work required. I was told it would be easier for me to get clients when representing the buyer because it can be hard for a young new agent (19 as of now) to gain trust when it comes to selling someone’s home. If you think I should further my education and get the 4 year, what Major? Marketing? Economics? Would I be more respected as an agent if I had a 4 year? Or will a 2 year do the same trick?

Side note: Anyone here from the Grand Forks/ Fargo North Dakota area and know of any BP meetups? Or looking to start one? Just looking to network and soak up as much information as possible.

Loading replies...