Skip to content
Kentucky Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Micah Mcarthur
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Louisville, Ky
Votes |
Where are you getting your 30 yr conventional?

Micah Mcarthur
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Louisville, Ky
Posted Apr 10 2018, 15:02

Ok, so I got a major kick in the gut today.  I went to get pre-approved for loans, and find out its a little more difficult to get a 30yr conventional on an investment, and nowhere near prime.  All my analyzed deals getting $200 per month, and 1.2 suddenly vanished.   So where are you getting your conventional loans on investment properties for a 30yr?  

I went to River City today, and while they look promising on rehab loans, they told me they only do 15yr mortgages, so no conventional long term loans there.     They wouldnt even consider another loan program I was asking about to purchase a house for my aging father.  

Then I called with Republic, and the VP I was talking with was also a new investor, so that was cool, but the best he could do is a 20yr amoritization, with a 10yr ARM and then a balloon payment. mid 5% depeding on 15-20% down. Their rehab loans were a laundry list of hurdles, so I will finance rehabs out of my HELOC if I go that way.

I cant get Robbie Brown from Park on the phone, been trying to connect with him for almost 2 weeks. 

There is still a list of credit unions and banks I can call, but was wondering if someone could give me a few more options to move to the top of the list.  

Loading replies...