• Edmond, OK
Votes |
Bad Experience with Paradigm Property Management in Baltimore Maryland

Andrew Grieb
  • Investor
  • Edmond, OK
Posted Nov 22 2014, 11:48

BP,

I have used Paradigm Property Management for two years and I just decided to let them go last month.  You are truly hiring the person and not the company, because a great manager can make or break your business.  The owner of the company decided to move to Ocean City Maryland to work with vacation rentals, only she left no one with real estate experience in charge of her residential property management in Baltimore, Md.  

The new manager failed to make 6 month inspections for over a year on two of my properties.  My tenants pay one month's rent in advance and on two separate nonconsecutive months the management failed to catch a tenant who failed to pay rent.  The manager still paid my portion of the rent to me, so I did not know that the account fell down to a zero and then negative balance.  The following month the management would ask for double rent from the tenants and the tenants believed they were being double charged.  My tenants of five years elected to terminate their lease rather than stay with this bad management company.

Paradigm has failed to pay the tenants security deposit back, 50 days after the tenants have left the property because they are trying to collect a two month's rent early termination fee, despite written notice from me that I am going to waive that requirement for my tenants of 6 years.

I would not recommend this company.

Loading replies...