Votes
Jesse Holmes
  • Annapolis, MD
Votes |
Finally Made it to Maryland - Looking for Meetups

Jesse Holmes
  • Annapolis, MD
Posted Jun 30 2015, 19:20

My experiment in selecting roommates online and moving into a house sight unseen has been a success on both accounts! To be fair, the roommates were happy to upload videos of walkthroughs for me, so  sight unseen may be a bit unfair.

Bowie is a nice fit for me! Multicultural, there is nothing here that is further than walking distance (but, air conditioning is so nice), and I fight very little traffic because I'm usually driving in the opposite direction. I can be walking around the national mall in about 45 minutes, I can have brunch on the bay in about 30 minutes, and I've been to Camden Yards two weekends in a row. I'm a happy camper. Oh, and I shouldn't leave out that my internet service is 5 to 7 times faster than I'm used to. Priorities are priorities!

I hopped onto Meetup to see what kind of real estate investing or otherwise groups were in the area, and I lost count. It's as if there was nothing else to do between here and Baltimore! 

Basically, after losing touch with BP for a while, I'm hoping to meet some new friends in the area and explore my interests while finding some problems to solve. Who goes to meetups in this area? Which ones? I look forward to chatting!

Loading replies...