Not Able to See the Number of Bedrooms in Baltimore

8 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I was looking at real estate markets in Maryland and I was wondering why I am unable to see the number of bedrooms on any of the properties there. If anyone could briefly elaborate would be a huge help.

Ray

Its a stupid statelaw that prohibits the display of bedroom count... even tax records don't show it. There are some sites that will "guestimate" the number of bedrooms based on prior sales marketing and neighbors. Remine does this....

I have no idea what either of you are referring to. The tax records show the number of bedrooms and bathrooms in a property.

@Raymond Hill , @Russell Brazil in the sate tax records online (SDAT) the properties in baltimore city usually don't show the number of bedrooms, but often show the number of bathrooms. I have no idea why. 

However real estate listings on the MLS will virtually always show the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.

Originally posted by @Raymond Hill :

Hello Everyone,

I was looking at real estate markets in Maryland and I was wondering why I am unable to see the number of bedrooms on any of the properties there. If anyone could briefly elaborate would be a huge help.

Ray

what source are you looking at?

Originally posted by @Ned Carey :

@Raymond Hill , @Russell Brazil in the sate tax records online (SDAT) the properties in baltimore city usually don't show the number of bedrooms, but often show the number of bathrooms. I have no idea why. 

However real estate listings on the MLS will virtually always show the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.

Yeah thats weird....and I checked individual county sites it seems the same.....but when we enter the property into the MLS, we search for the tax record, and it autopopulates everything including the bedrooms from a tax record located someplace...but where is that tex record database? It isnt necessarily pulling from old MLS data either, as Ill sell a house for the very first time, and I still dont enter the info.

@Russell Brazil good point. When I appealed the assessment on one of my houses it listed it as having two bedrooms. Obviously they have the information. I wonder why it is not on SDAT. There is a field for it.

PS they had my property listed as a two bedrooms, but it only had one bedroom. They still didn't lower my assessment.

Originally posted by @Ned Carey :

@Russell Brazil good point. When I appealed the assessment on one of my houses it listed it as having two bedrooms. Obviously they have the information. I wonder why it is not on SDAT. There is a field for it.

PS they had my property listed as a two bedrooms, but it only had one bedroom. They still didn't lower my assessment.

If it was Baltimore City, Im not surprised. The real estate tax situation in the City should be criminal between the over assessing and the crazy high rate. Between the those 2 factors, basically looking at an effective tax rate of 3x MoCos...and what do you get for it?