Any Massachusetts investors looking for free help?

7 Replies

Hey everyone! I'm Nick and I'm a fledgling investor. I'm looking for Massachusetts-based investors, preferably near the south shore area, who would like a hand getting things done. To be perfectly honest, being young I have more free time than I know what to do with, and I'm a little lost as to what I can actually do while I'm learning and saving up for a down payment/reserves. I "drive for dollars" at least once a week, and crawl craigslist regularly, among other things. I'm also eagerly waiting to take my real estate sales course the first week of December.

So I'd like to ask all of you, what could I do to add value to your business? It'd be worth it to me to get hands on experience, and be in the company of people like you who are actually out there making it happen. Feel free to shoot me a message, I look forward to hearing from you!

@Nick Montville

Saving is good.  Learning is good.  

Next is setting goals.  What type of property is your down payment for?  What is your exit strategy from that house?

In terms of helping out, BP is a great place to do that.  Honestly I'd get your Realtor's license and start talking to all those craigslist folks.  BP members are looking for property that they can turn into flips or long term holds.  Both of which require lower prices than most MA sellers are willing to give.

The rest of the RE world is still paying close to list.  Sell 2 houses a year in MA and you'll probably make at least $6k.  Plus it will give you great insight into the conventional bank process.  That will make up most of your deals going forward unless you jump into a niche without their involvement.

If you'd like to do some work for me, hit me up via PM and we can chat.

@Aaron Montague thanks for the reply. I'm still trying to figure out what my "investor identity" is, so to speak. I figure working with other investors is the best way to decide what kind of real estate is for me. I am leaning towards either a SFH live in flip, or house hacking a duplex for my first deal. I'm looking forward to getting my license, my 40 hour course starts a week from today.

I'll send you a PM sometime this evening, thanks again!

@Bob Couture that's the idea! I'm young and only have myself to support, so earning a ton of money doesn't need to be my top priority right now. Most BP'ers seem to be lacking in free time, and I'm happy to offer up some of mine in exchange for knowledge and experience