Advice on the town of Rutland?

3 Replies

Hello everyone,

My husband and I have an opportunity to buy a multi-family in Rutland.  The numbers work well, however, we have heard mixed things about this town/area,  Anyone have any insight? Thank you in advance!!!

@Angie Briggs

If the numbers work... then it should be a good deal! 

Multi's are pretty rare in Rutland, the schools are good as well- I am guessing you are having property management in place since you are in Lynnfield, correct? 

Patrick- I am not sure about that.  I am trying to get a feel for the rental market.

Steve- The numbers do work pretty well but I've been told mixed things.  I was just told it isn't a great town and nothing going on out there and someone else told me it was a great town and desirable.  We do live in Lynnfield, so being on the Northshore, I am trying to do all of my homework.  Do you know this town well and do you feel it would be an attractive place to rent.  And yes, we do have a property management company in place.  We also own a three family up in Salem, Ma that we use the management for as well.

Thank you for you input

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.