Management Company Lansing, Michigan

11 Replies

Dear All,

I am hoping to receive some recommendations for full service management companies with a reliable reputation in the Lansing, Michigan area.  I will be moving to China for three years and will need professional management for my duplex while away.

Any recommendations and/or information regarding companies to stay clear of, would be really helpful.

Many thanks!

Tina

Hi Tina,

I've been using DS Huber Properties and Development since 2008 and currently have 8 properties with them.  I've been happy with them and more importantly, my tenants are happy.  

I don't have any personal experience with other local management companies so I can't provide too much input there.  However, there is at least one area company I've been told to avoid multiple times from multiple people.  I'm not going to name any names here, but please be sure to check online reviews before making a choice!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Disclaimer: The owner of DS Huber Properties and Development is also my Realtor, however, he was my property manager for 2 years before he was my Realtor.

Thanks so much, Gabe!  I will follow up with your suggestion. 

Kind regards,

Tina

We have been very happy with the service we have received from Jill Powell at First choice properties.  Their email is [email protected]  I have no relationship with them other then a satisfied customer.  If you'll them please let them know I referred them.

Bob

Thanks Bob and Cyntthia!  I will follow up on your recommendations.  I hope to begin buying properties in the Lansing area so I may reach out to you in the future with other questions.  If I can help either of you in the future in anyway, be sure to write me , as well!  

Tina

@Cynthia Malmquist

@Bob E.

@Gabe Lopez

@Tina Herman

Hey all, I am looking into buying property in lansing and after a year from this post would love to get some feedback on how things are going, are you still with those particular property managers, are your tenants still happy and what your level of involvement with the properties are. Thanks!

@Bob E. Awesome, thanks for the recommendation. Ill let them know you sent me when i close on a property. 

@Paul Lucas  Jill at 1st choice is also a realtor and might be a good place to start looking for a rent house.  She will know what will have good rent.   We may consider selling our Lansing rental PM me if you think you might be interested.

Hi Paul.

I am the original poster of this thread and I went with Jill at 1st Choice in the end.  I have been very happy with them.  Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or if you want to discuss anything regarding investing in the Lansing area.

Kind regards.

Tina

Thanks both @Tina Herman and @Bob E. ! I will be in touch soon as i move closer to finding a property.

Paul

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.