Twin Cities East Metro Meetup

16 Replies

This topic has been locked by an administrator.

Hey everyone. Most of the meetups in the Twin Cities seem to happen in Minneapolis or west of there. I know I'm not the only investor living on the east side, and was thinking it would be cool to get a meetup going that's a little bit closer for people who live east of the Mississippi. 

If you'd be interested in this, please let me know, and I can start looking into potential venues to host it. Maybe in White Bear Lake or Little Canada? 

@Matt Jennissen I've always felt the same way.  I would still recommend not going as far out as White Bear.  It feels like that is more of an eastern corner.  Little Canada, Roseville, even Maplewood would all draw WBL, Woodbury, Saint Paul.   

PS- I would be willing to cosponsor it.

Great idea, @Matt Jennissen ! I was just thinking about this the other day.

@Tim Swierczek has a good point - although any place East will shorten our drives significantly! 

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Maybe people can sound off where they're coming from. Me = Stillwater.

Originally posted by @Joe Schaak :

Great idea, @Matt Jennissen! I was just thinking about this the other day.

@Tim Swierczek has a good point - although any place East will shorten our drives significantly! 

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Maybe people can sound off where they're coming from. Me = Stillwater.

Perfect, thanks Joe! Tim and I are chatting on Tuesday next week about setting up the meetup, so I will keep you posted on that.

Me = Hugo 

I'm working on finding a venue. First place that came to mind for me is Jimmy's in Vadnais Heights. Does anyone have ideas on a good place to host this thing?

Update: 

We've got Jimmy's Event Center booked for March 20th at 6:00. We'll get the meetup page set up soon and add the event there. Please spread the word and hopefully we can get a decent turnout. The room I reserved fits up to 30, but if we get a higher RSVP, I can always book the other half to hold 60. 

See you all there!