• Accountant
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Hello! New to MN REI

Shilpa Matlock
  • Accountant
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Apr 18 2021, 14:54

Hello All! I am new to real estate investing and would love to connect with other investors. I live in the Minneapolis suburbs, and am serious about starting my real estate investment portfolio this year. I would love to hear other people's thoughts on how the MN investment markets are looking to them? What are the strongest markets? Minneapolis, St. Paul, specific suburbs, Saint Cloud, etc? I am confused about where to look. I am also open to out of state (via turnkey providers?). Is this too risky for a newbie investor? I might not be able to afford buying my first rental here, especially in the nice areas around Mpls/St. Paul/suburbs ($100K house is what I'd want to start with). From the little amount of research I've done, I feel like people's propensity to rent in MN is lower compared to other states. Here they just want to buy, and that seems to be the trend the past 5 years, vacancy rates creeping up. Unlike Arizona for example. Would love to connect with other investors (local or otherwise) to get some thoughts around that. Thanks!

Loading replies...