Hey everyone, I looking for recommendation for property management companies that deal with properties in Atlantic County. I'm looking for any and all recommendations. Has anyone had positive interactions with a particular company? Or does anyone use a property management company in Atlantic County that you'd recommend?
I don't have any personal references but you can go to www.narpm.org and search their directory.
If you make a mistake and hire a bad Property Manager, it can ruin you for life. Learn the difference between a good PM and a bad one, try to interview at least three, and then make an educated decision. Remember: the PM with the highest fees may be the one that makes you the most money.
Things to do:
1. Review their management agreement. Ensure there are no hidden fees!
2. Calculate the total cost for a year. Some will charge a percentage of rent and nothing else. Some will charge a percentage each month but also a start-up fee, a leasing fee or lease renewal fee each year, administrative fees, maintenance fees, etc. Every fee should be fully disclosed!
3. Review their lease agreement and addendums.
4. Interview them about how they handle maintenance, late rent, unpaid rent, lease violations, evictions, etc.
5. Ask to speak to some of their current owners and tenants.
6. Google them and see what kind of reviews they have.
I am actually about to start managing about 50 Units in Atlantic City. So if your still looking for someone in 2 months I might be able to help.
Thanks Elliot. I've been interviewing some companies so please reach out to me when you make your way into AC.
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing