What would you do with an iron tub left by demo team?

6 Replies

Hey 

So this tub on second floor been bothering me for about few months now.  Been left by demo team, probably because it weights like a ton and may drop it down the stairs.  Currently we trying to get an electric saw that can cut in half, and make it easier to remove (hopefully).  I'm reaching out to see, if there is any other alternatives we can do that won't damage the walls (painted), or damage the floors downstairs (vinyl flooring).  Any advice be helpful.  Thanks!

@Darshan Patel
My first question is did you not include it in the demo scope? My assumption is you did not.

What I would do is put it in craigslist for free and include they need a crew to haul it. You would be surprised how many people would be interested especially if it has some scrap value

@Chris Seveney

Thanks Chris, will do.

We did tell them everything in the bathroom to be gone; but now on i'll add specifics (wont forget about the tub ever).  And maybe get a more experience team, the team we used were a bit green.

A large sledge hammer will break apart a cast iron tub. It will then be manageable for removal.

Originally posted by @Remigio M. :

A large sledge hammer will break apart a cast iron tub. It will then be manageable for removal.

What he said.. Its really the only way to get it out. Wear eye protection and gloves.. Trust me

Use a sledgehammer and take it out in pieces. s stayed above, wear eye protection, but also cover all bare skin. Little pieces will break off and cut your arms and legs and it will get bloody quick, speaking from experience.

Thanks everyone, got it done today.  Made some mess, but they covered before smashing at it.  I got some hits in too.  

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here