Help me analyze this deal

10 Replies

View report

*This link comes directly from our calculators, based on information input by the member who posted.

Bathroom Information

• # of Baths (Full): 4

Room Information

• # of Rooms: 15
  • Basement: Finished Basement, Full Basement

Interior Features

• 1st Floor: RENTED $1500

Laundry Information

• Basement

Heating & Cooling

• Baseboard Heat, Gas, Hot Water, Other (See Remarks), Other Fuel Source (See Remarks)

Parking / Garage, Exterior Features, Utilities, Taxes / Assessments

Parking Information

• Detached, Two Car Parking

Building Information

• Year Built: 1940's

Utility Information

• Utilities: Separate Electricity, Separate Gas, Separate Heat, Separate Water
  • Sewer: Municipal

Some of your expenses look a little low like CAPEX and PM. You don't have insurance or lawn care. Doesn't look like a deal as it stands. Maybe it will as a flip?

@Anthony Henriquez - I am not sure where this is so it's hard to tell. Though, I agree with Frank. You definitely want to include insurance. Are your tenants going to take of the lawn? Or is that lumped into your maintenance cost? How old is the house? Does it need a new roof, furnace, or any large ticket items? That will help clarify whether or not your CapEx expense is too large or small?

Another thing -- if you expect to walk in with a $0.00 repair budget, you're going to get screwed (and be very angry), especially with lower CAPEX/maintenance budgets.

What's going to kill this deal is nearly $1000 a month in taxes -- that's absurd, but not surprising in Jersey. My Gloucester City duplex is at $4200 a year.

This is a walk-away deal if I've ever seen it; even if you make $70 a month cash flow, why would you do it? If you're buying this for cash flow you can take your $70,000 and dump it into a high-yield interest savings account with no headaches; if you can make 2% ($1400 a year) you're doing better than this deal.

I think everyone above, while trying to be helpful, are not reading you the riot act. This is in no way a good deal for you. You will be dumping 70,000 into a property that will never net you anything.

Originally posted by @Dennis M. :

Spend 360 grand to make 70$ a month .. not too financially intelligent bro 

These analysis calculator questions are getting funny. I looked at the report for 10 secs. Your comment is spot on.

Bathroom Information

• # of Baths (Full): 4

Room Information

• # of Rooms: 15
  • Basement: Finished Basement, Full Basement

Interior Features

• 1st Floor: RENTED $1500

Laundry Information

• Basement

Heating & Cooling

• Baseboard Heat, Gas, Hot Water, Other (See Remarks), Other Fuel Source (See Remarks)

Parking / Garage, Exterior Features, Utilities, Taxes / Assessments

Parking Information

• Detached, Two Car Parking

Building Information

• Year Built: 1940's

Utility Information

• Utilities: Separate Electricity, Separate Gas, Separate Heat, Separate Water
  • Sewer: Municipal

Sorry all, I thought I posted these additional details. In any case, this is more of a learning exercise for me. Not a deal I’m truly considering. I’m trying to learn how to plug in realistic numbers to get a real analysis. I appreciate ALL of your feedback!!