Northern New York investing flipping and rentals

5 Replies

I live in a condo in Long Beach NY , I work in the city and moving up North to settle down plus Long Island traffic and commuting is crazy ! Anyone from an hour and a half north of Manhattan actively investing or just any general thoughts on the area ?

area is great I'm about an hour away from the city theres a few things that are done a bit different around here but nothing major you will like the possibilities here

school districts are gonna play a huge roll in investing they can go from great to horrible in a 3 min drive

Good to know , what type of things may be done differently ? @John Oitice 

I grew up in Bayshore, taught in Brentwood and moved up to Poughkeepsie 10 years ago. I have flipped in Putnam and I have a handful of rentals in dutchess. It's much different, much more affordable, lots of colleges and the people I met are very helpful.  If you would like to tour the area, reach out. I would be glad to show you Poughkeepsie and surrounding area.  

@Dennis Kelly when you say "anyone from an hour and a half north of Manhattan" is that as far north as you're talking about? The reason I ask is because I'm a little over an hour north of Syracuse, but I imagine that's a bit further than you were originally thinking?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.