New York Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Da Zhang
Votes |
Co-op FSBO A Good Idea?

Da Zhang
Posted Jun 11 2020, 13:21

Hi all, this is my first question on this forum, hoping I could get some insights into FSBO. I'm planning on selling my CO-OP apartment in Queens NY. I did some research and it seems the seller broker+buyer broker fee together will be 5%, and if no co-broking, the seller broker fee alone is 4%. This could be around $25K for me. I am thinking about doing a FSBO. I know there are a lot of websites where I can post my home, like Zillow, Craigslist, FB Marketplace, etc. I can do a nice video showing my place and post it. I even read in one of the previous discussions that there is a way to obtain numbers from all renters in my area code and send them a short voice recording at a reasonable fee, although I'm not sure how to do it. I can find a title company or attorney to help with the closing.

The caveat is I might not stay around and show my place to people for a few months if the apartment doesn't sell right away. I might be able to stay for two weeks, do some showing, then I have to be somewhere else.

Also I know I need to deal with the co-op board package, which can be a hassle.

Do people in this forum have experience dealing with a FSBO when the owner is not always available?

Or do people have other suggestions for FSBO? Or do you think it's a bad idea and will end up costing me more time/money/effort then just letting a broker handle it?

Thanks y'all in advance!

Loading replies...