Investor · Fair Lawn, NJ · Member since 2014 · 384 posts · 189 votes
First off, thank you Chris T. for organizing the meetup.
It was great meeting such a varied group of people interested in and working in REI.
In order to make it easier to keep in touch, whoever attended yesterday please chime in below. I think most of us would enjoy this being a monthly meetup so speak out on that also.
Finally, Nasar was saying that he would like a little bit more structure to the meeting. Is there a particular topic you would like to cover at the next meetup or some other kind of activity?
Flipper/Rehabber · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2010 · 241 posts · 127 votes
12y
I think we should all introduce each other and say what they do. As far as a topic maybe we can discuss the power of goal planning, books changed your life, Wholesaling, pre-foreclosures , rehabbing, marketing, etc.
then maybe start at 7pm-7:15 pm and try not to let it run no longer to 8:15pm. I can talk all nite as you can see but other folks were leaving because we all have life to deal with i.e families, jobs, etc
Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 5 votes
12y
This sounds awesome! I didn't go to the meeting (I'm not on here often and I didn't even know it was going to happen) but I think it's great that there is a BiggerPockets meetup in Charlotte. I'd love to go and network a bit at one of them at some point (although I can't say I have much to offer yet, being a newbie) -- even just having a discussion with others on the subject sounds beneficial.
Adding a little structure to the meetups I think sounds like a great idea. Maybe we can at least come up with a general topic for the meetup like Nasar mentioned so everyone knows what we all would be talking about. Whether you are you are very experienced and have lots to add to the discussion or you are brand new and will just be coming to listen, I think it would add to the experience.
Right now we don't have a specific time and date for the next meetup, but if we keep the current trend it would be the 3rd Tuesday of November (meeting every other month). That should be plenty of time for all of us to get this organized.
Investor · Huntersville, NC · Member since 2011 · 63 posts · 36 votes
12y
Missed it ended up taking Mama to the beach for a few days, looking forward to the next one. Monthly would be great. See some of you tonight at our REIA subgroup in Huntersville!
Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 491 posts · 253 votes
11y
@Cindy Bowman - We have been meeting every other month on the 3rd Tues of the month which would put the next meetup on Nov. 18th. Unfortunately, there might be a conflict with the location that we have been meeting. I am waiting to hear back if the space will be available or not before having anything posted. If the meeting space is not available we will have to try and find a new location or new date. Hopefully we can get everything ironed out and have something posted by the end of the week.
Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 269 posts · 66 votes
11y
Hey Guys in there a meet up page for this meeting? I love to connect with other local investors in the Charlotte Market. Look forward to meeting all of you!
Rental Property Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2013 · 491 posts · 253 votes
11y
@Audrey Truesdale - Yes, a seperate post is made for each of the Charlotte Meetups. We have been meeting on the 3rd Tues of every other month. Our last meetup was in Nov. so be on the look out for the next meetup in Jan. If you haven't already done so, set a keyword alert for "Charlotte" and you should get a notification anytime Charlotte is mentioned, including the meetup posts. Hope to see you at the next one!