Skip to content
North Carolina Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
David C Hyman
  • Contractor
  • Clayton, NC
Votes |
Newbie in Raleigh area trying to understand local market!

David C Hyman
  • Contractor
  • Clayton, NC
Posted Jun 28 2017, 15:11

Hello everyone! I am currently seeking my first property (single family); however I am torn between a few certain decisions regarding Raleigh area's market. Quite frankly, I am sick and tired of paying rent and have finally decided to put my feet to the fire and purchase my first property. I will be living at this property and will consider house hacking and other creative income methods. I strongly want to consider utilizing a USDA loan if the given area allows. The reason being I would eventually (6 months time or less after buying the property) obtain another property (single family) that I would buy and hold most likely on a conventional loan. I feel utilizing my USDA loan and saving enough capital for a down payment on another property is a good path to take.

I have searched the Garner 27529 area pretty extensively; however, I want to take into consideration anyone else's advice/personal experiences in other possible areas. In your experiences, what are the best and worst areas to invest in single family rentals? Would Fuquay-Varina, Smithfield, Clayton, etc. be other good options?

Thanks!

Loading replies...