Western NC Markets and Places to Live

3 Replies

I am looking to move to western North Carolina area, preferably around the Asheville region, but definitely close to the mountains. Any suggestions for areas or towns around there that are good for a fix and flip investor?

Asheville is a great area. Brevard, Arden, Hendersonville, Saluda, Black Mountain, and all the areas around have great things to offer. If you're wanting to move here, I'd recommend visiting and just driving around to different areas and trying out the locale.

If you're just wanting to invest here, you just need to look around for the deals- they've thinned out a whole lot over the last couple years, but they're still around.

Definitely anything around Asheville. Also Boone/Blowing Rock area is a great place if you want to do fix/flips for rental cabins. Maybe Banner Elk? This all depends on budget of course, Asheville is the safer bet because of the supporting economy, but probably won't demand as much on the overall price as something in a resort area. 

Personally, I’d say that anything between Weaverville, Canton, Flat Rock, and Black Mountain would be a good choice. Pick a location inside that area and you should be in good shape for a fix and flip (based on buyer demand). Like others have said, deals are sparse, but they are out there. Best of luck!