Spring Minot Madness!!

2 Replies

Are you seeing what I'm seeing?!? Houses are beginning to fly off the market. A buddy of mine just sold his house. He had multiple offers for over asking price. It looks like we are headed into an extremely hot sellers market as predicted, but wow... gonna be hard to find MLS deals!! My wife will be joining a brokerage within the next week or two so I'm hoping that will help. I'm coming into some capital this summer and hope I can find a solid buy! Good luck friends!!

Oil is still a major economic driver in Minot.  Yet, I would say the Air Force base north of town has the largest financial impact.  Minot also boasts a small university and a sizable regional hospital.  

The demand for housing here mirrors the rest of the country. It's a supply side problem. Multi family is competitive too, but I don't think the numbers work on the MLS properties I've seen. We have an over abundance of commercial and multi family properties as a result of the oil boom in 2015/2016. This is keeping rent prices low.

The best values in Minot currently remain in single family homes.

If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM me.  @Otto Kinn@Matt Fogle are two other investors on the forum that know this market and surrounding areas very well.