Votes
Harrieth Brunswick
  • Hartstown, PA
Votes |
Freeze injunction on nearly closed property

Harrieth Brunswick
  • Hartstown, PA
Posted Aug 28 2016, 21:01

Seller signed.  Then we signed.  The next day on date of closing,  literally while we were moving in (our agent errounously gave us keys to get appliances delivered and installed) title company called and said that the brother of the seller filed an injunction to freeze all assets of estate.  Home was willed by decedent to kids, and pretty sure seller is executor 

Me and family, arriving from out of state, with movers, trucks, friends and family arriving out of state to help because I am injured and can NOT heavy lift at this time.

This went down on Friday evening, was told that seller is getting lawyer, this wasn't supposed to happen, will talk to us Monday.......

Seller refused early occupancy, so, seeing writing on the wall, texted our realtor and stated our personal belongings are in home, as well as my federal government owned/issued computer and badge, and I have no idea how that will be handled .....

Our realtor said, "you have things in house? Do you realize how much $h!/ you are going to be in?"  I basically toldher....yes...none.  she then stated that she could lose her license.

This causes sooooo many issues. 

1. Kids already enrolled and attending school.

2.  Me and wife are federal employees with rewarding careers, have to disclose finances...any blemish on record is unofficially career ending..read into that however you wish.

3. Don't want to get a lease or get a hotel for 6 months, am willing to do our part to mitigate needless damages...i am really that nice, truthfully.

4.  Now we had to move back out of state, and have to drag kids1.7 hours one way for school...or chance a hotel or lease, not knowing how this will turn out.

We paid title insurance, we have resources if required to fight.  The seller and heirs, to my knowledge are...affluenced.  Talking to attorney in morning...cant sleep....very disappointed and angry about packing back up new home, and driving 2 hours to in-laws with wife and daughters crying....real crying....  

Thoughts?

Loading replies...