• Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Cincinnati 2-4 Units - Hyde Park, Oakley, Mt. Lookout

Chris Grabosky
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Oct 17 2017, 19:03

I currently live in and manage a "House Hack", 4 unit apartment building in Covington, KY (across the Ohio River from Cincinnati). Cash flow is amazing, tenants are great, housing costs are very affordable with very solid properties <$150,000. Planning on expanding on this all in another Discussion, however, the following is a time sensitive issue:

I am currently looking to buy a place with my fiance. My fiance is verrrry picky with location which is a great thing because I tend to be a bit too open about location. We are looking to buy and live in a 2-4 unit as a "House Hack" but she INSISTS that we buy in Oakley, Hyde Park, Mt Lookout, or closely surrounding neighborhoods. These areas are extremely tough to find <$300,000 2-4 units that produce enough rental income to where it makes sense to buy. Especially in comparison with my current place in Covington.

I guess I am not really sure exactly what I am looking for from this post: Any advice?  Should I expand into looking for >4 units? Should I try and convince her to expand her mind outside these limits?  Just want to chat about best multi-family spots to invest in Tri-State area? All replies welcome! Thanks!

Loading replies...