Votes
Hanna Brown
  • Corvallis, OR
Votes |
Buying Redemption Rights in Oregon

Hanna Brown
  • Corvallis, OR
Posted Dec 18 2017, 19:19

Anyone have any advice on how to go about buying redemption rights in Oregon? If you have insight into any of the below questions, please comment!

1) What has been effective in terms of cash for keys? What do you typically offer? How do you go about approaching the residents without threatening them? Are you often successful? Have you ever felt endangered approaching residents at the door?

2) If you get the rights via a bargain and sale deed, recorded with the county after winning the auction, what is the next step, specifically? How do you go about petitioning a judge to grant you an early title? Anyone have a lawyer they recommend for that, or is it something I can file myself? I am assuming you wait two months, then petition?

3) I have read that some people buy the rights before bidding at auction. I am curious for those who do, do you record those rights right away with the county, or do you wait? What are the risks or recording before? Is it possible to inherit the junior liens by mistake if you do it this way instead of waiting until after the auction?

I am interested in any and all insights you might have into this process, and also interested in hearing about your experiences attempting to purchase/redeem redemption rights in Oregon. 

Loading replies...