• Real Estate Agent
  • West Linn, OR
Votes |
Oregon flipping laws

Nels Norquist
  • Real Estate Agent
  • West Linn, OR
Posted Jan 24 2019, 10:44

I have clients who are in contract on a short sale that they were planning on using the BRRR method on. After going through inspections and looking at comps, they are thinking it might end up being better for them just to flip the property. I think since they had bought with the purpose of renting, if they decide to sell they will probably be fine, but I wondered if anyone had experience with this. I have seen @Jay Hinrichs talk about having a developers license in Oregon, as it is less work than getting the GC, but I have found some exemptions and wondered if I am reading this right. Seems to say that if you do 3 or less flips a year you don't need a GC or Developers license, thoughts?

(6) An owner who contracts for one or more licensed contractors to perform work wholly or partially within the same calendar year on not more than three existing residential structures of the owner. This subsection does not apply to an owner contracting for work that requires a building permit unless the work that requires a permit is performed by, or under the direction of, a residential general contractor.

Thanks

Nels

Loading replies...