• Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Investors/Realtors Actively Working in Williamsport, PA Area

Paulette Midgette
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Dec 27 2018, 13:39

Hello BP,

I am researching buy/hold opportunities in Williamsport, PA and the surrounding area.  If you are an active investor or realtor in the area I would like to hear from you.  Which areas are best for investing; student housing vs. traditional rentals (pros/cons); home appreciation rates (buy for the long haul, or hold for a few years, sell and turn a decent profit); what is the cost of being a landlord (license requirements, inspections, landlord utility responsibility, etc.); management companies...are they present in the area and how good are they; are there different consideration for a 2 unit versus a 3 unit or larger property?

If you currently live or have lived in Williamsport or surrounding area, I would like to hear from you. From my research it appears that Williamsport is a great place.  An urban type area with a small town feel.  It also appears that they are revitalizing and have started to tackle some of their challenges such as attracting new/younger residents and maintaining existing residents.  I see there is an active Business Association and Arts/Cultural community, all good things.  But, what are the continuing challenges that need attention; what is it like to rent in the area (plenty of rentals, tenants have lots to choose from), What do you love about Williamsport and what pains you; basically what is like to live in the area?

I have also been researching Lock Haven, please feel free to give me your impressions of this town as well.

Thank you in advance for helping me with my research.

Paulette

Loading replies...