• Warren Ohio
Votes |
CPA in Western Pennsylvania

Berkley Bossard
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Warren Ohio
Posted Jan 21 2021, 18:14

Hello everyone. Last February I closed on my first rental property near New Castle, PA. Unfortunately, I was mobilized by the Navy for 15 months shortly after that, and never had a chance to get as far as finding a good CPA in the area and getting established with them. Does anyone know a good CPA in the area that might be willing to work with me remotely until I am home? Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 21 2021, 18:51

We use Mclaughlin and associates in butler for my company and they are excellent. Not cheap but excellent. 

Account Closed
  • Realtor
  • Wexford PA, 15090
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Wexford PA, 15090
Replied Jan 21 2021, 19:12

Rich Reynolds CPA. Good guy. he's near Pittsburgh but could work with you remotely. Richreynoldscpa.com

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Bill Hampton
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Tax Strategist, Financial Planner and Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Tax Strategist, Financial Planner and Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 21 2021, 19:29

Berkley, 

I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

User Stats

Votes
Berkley Bossard
Pro Member
  • Warren Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Warren Ohio
Replied Jan 22 2021, 18:36
Originally posted by @Adam Lutz:

We use Mclaughlin and associates in butler for my company and they are excellent. Not cheap but excellent. 

Thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Berkley Bossard
Pro Member
  • Warren Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Warren Ohio
Replied Jan 22 2021, 18:37
Originally posted by @Account Closed:

Rich Reynolds CPA. Good guy. he's near Pittsburgh but could work with you remotely. Richreynoldscpa.com

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Berkley Bossard
Pro Member
  • Warren Ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Warren Ohio
Replied Jan 22 2021, 18:39
Originally posted by @Bill Hampton:

Berkley, 

I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the advice! I’ve definitely been thinking that it’s worth the cost now when I’m just starting to make sure I can grow and expand later.