• Investor
  • London
Votes |
RIREIG group next week-question on cash flowing MF

Jennifer S.
  • Investor
  • London
Posted Dec 13 2017, 23:46

Hi all, I haven't properly introduced myself, I'm newish to BP. I already started posting without an intro, how impolite!!

I'm looking to add a buy and hold multi family property within a one hour drive of Boston so I can check up on it when I'm visiting home, which tends to be 2-3 times per year. My family could also drive by from time to time. Of course I'd use a property manager but I like the idea of being able to get to the property without jumping on another plane. So Providence is coming up on my radar for a number of reasons.

If I let go of that stipulation, then I will just go turnkey in some of the midwest/southern markets being discussed on BP.

In the past I've done a strategy of buying in fringe areas that then catch up with their neighbors. I imagine this happens slower outside of the very biggest cities, but don't want to rule it out in Providence.

I'll be attending the RIREIG next week, barring poor weather as I'll be coming down from the South Shore, MA. 

If I progress in Providence, I'll need the whole team (property manager, attorney, accountant). 

However I haven't found any particularly cash flowing stock yet. Will be interesting to discuss the current market with anyone who attends the meeting. I know it's right before Christmas, but I'll be back again in mid Jan.

I'm learning about the out of state tax issue and have seen prior posts about the unique factors of RI landlording. But don't want to deep dive on research if there's no stock anyways. I recognise that it's winter so that's likely suppressing inventory a bit.

Thanks and look forward to meeting you!

Loading replies...