Establish a Mngmnt LLC to Manage my Asset in an existing LLC?

Establish a Mngmnt LLC to Manage my Asset in an existing LLC?

Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 8 votes

Hey BPers,

Have another question with regards to leasing my first SFH. I'm wondering if it's necessary to establish a management LLC to serve as a middle entity between myself and the tenant. The property I'm planning to rent is already in an LLC I own. I have heard that some people establish a separate LLC to manage the asset that is in another LLC they own. I'm wondering what the benefit of doing so would be and if it's really necessary. I know most of us aren't attorneys but any input you can provide on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    You don't need to create a new LLC. The benefits would be additional liability protection and additional deductions for management income. You pay the mgmt LLC $100/month, then deduct expenses from that company. Much more tax and compliance work, but benefits with scale.

  • Spring, TX · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @Ronald Rohde Thanks for the response. I'll postpone creating a new LLC until I get a few more properties.

    Thanks again.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.